19. The coffee and hot chocolate after our walk with the dog. I posted this last week for my first photo of February as I contemplated how to join back in with 365.
20. I liked the sight of my shoes on the floor in my Grandad's lounge, as I curled up on the sofa drinking tea. The sense of feeling right at home, and the scruffy trainers discarded on the carpet, took me right back to being the baby of the family.
21. A Sunday afternoon relaxing in front of the fire with Millie.
22. Fish for dinner, which is a rare occurrence in our house. The Husband isn't a fan of fish usually, but for some reason he decided to rustle this up, he said because he felt guilty for giving me his cold. He was obviously proud of his presentation, telling me to take a picture as he brought it to the table.
23. Got to work before eight, so obviously it was going to be a good day, except for feeling rotten. The porridge and huge mug of tea helped wake me up as I cleared through emails and got myself organised before the influx of people on a Monday morning.
24. The book I have picked for this months the year in books. I have had it on the shelf for ages, a present from my older, cooler cousin who likes to educate me on all things cultural.
25. Feeling wiped out by the grotty cold but Millie was still full of beans. As I padded round the house in my pyjamas feeling sorry for myself she decided a game of fetch would be the perfect remedy.
26. Struggling for something to photograph (can you tell?!) I had a few goes at taking a picture of this tangerine. In real life I liked the curl of the leaf, but I couldn't manage to capture it. Still find myself struggling with taking pictures I feel proud of.
27. The pale pink roses in the hallway proving a pretty distraction from the pile of post accumulating on the table. Easier to smile at the flowers than sort through the paperwork.
28. The tulips were a beautiful colour, a lavender grey that I haven't seen before, but on my cameraphone (my photography is very low tech) they looked washed out. In the end I gave up trying for a close up, but liked this picture, it gave a sense of them, soothing somehow.
29. I took this picture to send to The Husband. I rarely buy lunch, but had gone out today, and got this from the shop near work (as well as some food I hasten to add). It reminded me of a trip to London, last year I think, where we stopped at a tiny cafe for a drink, perched on a bench outside in the sun. The Husband appeared with this and a chocolate cupcake covered in pink sprinkles. The woman at the other end of the bench smiled, told me The Husband was a good one. I knew she was right, for lots of reasons.
30. A last minute photo, having nearly forgotten. I quite liked the reflection of the coaster through the water though.
31. I seem to have gone down the route of drinks and dogs this week. On a night at a quiz with my closest friend and her family. I realised I hadn't taken any pictures today so this is what was in front of me.
32. I did like this on the label. Funny what you can see when you look closer.
33. We had a party at home for my birthday, which is on Monday. Millie got a birthday bath in the morning.
34. The efforts of being washed had obviously exhausted her, and this was before the party began! I completely forgot to take any pictures of the party, not even the table of cakes, or the glasses of fizz, or the beautiful flowers and candles everywhere. I was obviously too busy enjoying myself though, which must be a good thing.